The Squatting Monkey Blog

The Squatting Monkey Blog
Now featuring articles from Frederica Bimmel!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More Reader Comments



Anonymous Jan 30, 2012 06:00 PM

Hi,

What does it take to make comments from the readers? I ask you what you thought about the Pro Bowl and was hoping to make your comments from the readers piece...


I don't check my own blog regularly so I have to notice your comments before I can make one of these. I didn't watch the Pro Bowl, but from what I heard from those who did it was really lame. Lots of scoring, not much intensity and almost a picnic-like atmosphere. A friend said that it was like watching a game of touch football.

Anonymous Feb 4, 2012 07:46 AM

Nothing on the Super Bowl? I have been following your blog all season and cant understand why there is no information on the biggest game of the year?

The truth is that I write about what I am passionate about. I rooted against the Patriots and I plan to write a piece about the Patriots, but I figured that there is an abundant amount of coverage out there for the Superbowl already. What can I possible write that ten other people haven’t already? I don’t run a sport blog with the intent of providing 24 hour coverage of the NFL. If I wanted to do that I would probably post on Bleacher Report or Yahoo Sports. My site is more of a boutique blog that will cover anything that I want to write about. For example, my next article I will be posting will be about a movie called “The Fall.”

AnonymousFeb 5, 2012 07:55 AM

What do you think about the 2012 Nfl hall of fame class? Is there anyone you think should of got in that did not?

I barely paid attention actually. I did notice that long time Steeler’s snub Dermontti Dawson made it in and that Curtis Martin did as well. I know Willie Roaf from his days with the Chiefs but the rest of the names don’t really standout to me. I have only really studied the NFL since 2004, so my historical knowledge of the NFL is tenuous at best. I was surprised that Bill Parcells didn’t make it considering all the fanfare, and if Cris Carter wasn’t such a loud mouth on EPSN radio would probably feel bad for him as well.

Anonymous Feb 5, 2012 01:59 PM

@ Anonymous #2. I have been following the blog for a while now and the writer has a lot of good thoughts on the NFL. However the draw back of the blog is that it is only updated about 2 times a month and I expect for it not to be updated for a while now the the NFL season is almost over.

Hope everything is pulling for the Pats!

Jason from CT


Sorry about the Pats Jason. There is always next year, especially since the Patriots need no discernable talent in order to make a Superbowl berth. I am actually planning on writing an incredibly inflammatory article about the Patriots explaining why I am totally convinced that they are cheating again, so stay tuned for that hunka crap! So while you are wrong about me having “a lot of good thoughts” you are also wrong about the blog slowing down for the offseason. To the contrary, I love the offseason and have big plans for free agency and the draft. The offseason is when plans are made and all the pieces for next year are set into place. It’s when new alliances are forged, strategies (for better or worse) are formed and future superstars prove their worth. This offseason we will get to see Indy implode its roster and draft Andrew Luck. This offseason is like “The Empire Strikes Back” to what Jim Irsay is hoping will be years of “Return of the Jedi”, minus the annoying Ewoks. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment